Friday, September 16, 2011

Off and running with the Daily 5

I am so lucky that I was given the chance to loop from Kindergarten to First grade with my class.  Not only do I have the best class ever, but it has made the start of the year run so much smoother.  They all know my expectations and with a little practice and review we were able to get into a full Daily 5 already! I am so impressed  by all they can do.  Once again, I have tweaked my Daily 5 check in board.  This is what it looks like this year.  I decided to have all of there options in the pocket chart as visuals so they can verbalize what they will do for each session.  Here is a picture of my new and improved chart!


So far this is working out great!  Here are some more pics of the classroom. I will also post my CAFE wall.  Can't wait to get started teaching the strategies!







More to come. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment